Science fiction often features aviation innovations such as futuristic jumbo jets and jet-powered backpacks. Most real-life innovations happening in the aviation industry are much less glamorous though.
ECOS (Efficient Cabin & Open Space) baggage system which shows whether a locker is full or still has storage space left; the Watchdog sensor which prevents accidental activation of the emergency escape slides (which is quite expensive); Revolution Toilets that are made up of recyclable materials, are 30% lighter than traditional toilet bowls and use a 360-degree flush system that uses only two-thirds of water are some of the less-talked about innovative steps that are changing our flying experiences.
Reurge's aviation experts and aircraft engineers help the aerospace industry to come up with cutting-edge technologies to improve the efficiency, sustainability and customer experience of the commercial aviation.
The fields of innovation in the aviation industry in which we work include:
- Air Traffic Management
- Airline's New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- Battery technology
- Blockchain technology (for identity management, enabling frequent flyer programs, custody-change tracking for the baggage, and tokenization of e-tickets)
- Drones and ultra-short-haul commercial flights
- Green power
- Indoor positioning systems
- In-flight apps for smart phones
- Sharing seats on private jets (for cheaper travel)
- Smart materials
- Ultra-high commercial flights
- Vehicle performance and efficiency
- Vertiport infrastructure in cities
- VR and AR views of information at the airports