The demand for water harvesting innovations is on the rise. From collecting raindrops on the rooftop and collecting them in the tanks of the courtyard to artificial wells where rainwater is stored for the communities to conserve rainwater and river water runoffs during the monsoon season and floods, the concept of water harvesting is quite ancient.
Today, we use absorption pit or well method, well cum bore method, and recharge trench cum & injection well to introduce Artificial Recharging of water. For rainwater harvesting, we use percolation pit method (with or without bore method), bore well with settlement tank, or open well method with filter bet stump.
Reurge’s water harvesting innovation experts can help you with:
- Environmental-friendly innovations in water fixtures
- Impact of land cover and land use change on hydrology
- In-situ rainwater harvesting
- Rainwater harvesting systems
- Social, economic, environmental and ecological impact of rainwater harvesting
- Storage for ground catchment systems
- Techniques to recharge ground water.
The World Bank Group defines Water Resources Management (or the WRM), or simply water management, as ‘a systematic way of planning, further developing, and initiating appropriate quality and quantity based management of water resources’. This systematic way of water management needs to get implemented in every aspects of using the available water. The process water management gets managed through the involvement of infrastructure, relevant institutions, necessary investments and most importantly the implementation of right information systems for initiating the professional management of the available water resources.
Reurge works for various water management techniques, by developing the technical approaches in order to meet the increasing need of water for the global population.
The advanced forms of water management techniques adopted by Reurge, are-
- Recharging of ground water in an artificial manner,
- To develop a storage system in the constructed dams,
- Integrate linked modes of waterways,
- Lead the provisions for diverting excess water to the scarce areas,
- Adopting the process of desalinating the water collected from the sea,
- Reclamation by recycling the polluted water,
- Towing of Antarctic icebergs to scare regions,
- Generate control over water pollution, and
- Cloud seeding.
Apart from all these responsibilities, our core responsibility is still all about developing solutions for water availability in future. Hence, at Reurge, appropriate water management strategies are generated.
Through water management strategies, we emphasise on the protection of available water. Itis one of the major responsibilities of the Reurge’s water resource manager. In this frontier, the manager understand that the protection of water bodies needs extensive knowledge and understanding of hydrological processes and related auxiliary issues. The objective of water management strategiesby us remain concerned about –
- Making water available for the increasing population in the most effective and commendable manner,
- Getting connected to the appropriate infrastructure for consumption of water,
- Management or irrigational facilities in the agricultural fields,
- Cooling of power plants,
- Generating hydropower
The process of water management strategiesat Reurge are subject to evaluate the interrelated provisions of ecological system and resources of water as part of water resource management. Policies and regulations related to all these aspects are also integral part of Reurge’s water resource management. Added to these, the navigation facilities, scopes for fishing and even the recreational use of water bodies are managed under WRS at Reurge.
Reurge has generated innovative strategies for WRM. The most effective strategies are in the domain of conservation and further recovery of energy resources and nutrients. Developing green-infrastructure for WRM, and generating cost-effective technological support for monitoring water resources are some of the commendable achievements of Reurge. Reurge has further concentrated in implementing its innovative strategies to –
- Reducing use of water in the production of Energy.
- Developing performance of the small WRM
- Providing access to drinking water
- Supporting scopes for Sanitation
- Developing water quality on an overall basis
Reurge has efficiently adopted the scopes of technological advancement in managing water resources. These initiatives are identified through the development of green infrastructure, provision for onsite use and re-use of water, and managing water related information through Big Data.